How to install and
how to use Simple Blog PHP?
How to install Simple Blog PHP?
Setting MySQL database
Simple Blog PHP script requires PHP 5.3 or higher and MySQL 5 or higher to run on your server - you can see the current version of PHP and MySQL in the control panel of your website.
Before starting the installation you will need to create a database for the script:
- Open the control panel(cpanel) of your hosting account.
- Find where to create MySQL database.
- Durring database creation you will need to supply a Database name, Database user and Database password. You will aslo need to know the database server name — usually 'localhost'. Save all these details on your local machine for future reference on something such as Notepad.
- If you use your hosting account's 'CPanel' to create your database you must set Privileges to ALL for the Database user.
- If you have problems with creating database - ask your web hosting company - normally they provide 24h email, phone or chat free support.
Unzip or unrar, upload and install Simple Blog PHP script
1) Unzip the .zip file received from us. You can use programs such as Winzip, Winrar, or Stuffit Expander (Mac). They have all have trial versions.
2) Upload all files onto your website either in your root directory or in a folder(directory) of your website for example named "SCRIPTFOLDER" which is then placed in your root directory(recommended).
3) Open http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/SCRIPTFOLDER/installation.php.
4) Installation wizard will ask you to complete the form below:
- This information is what you saved when creating your database:
- MySQL server name which is usualy 'localhost'
- MySQL username - when you create a database you need to assign minimum one user
- MySQL password - this is the password of the user assigned to database
- Server path to script directory, Full URL to script directory, Script directory name - they will appear automatically. You can change if they are different - usually on windows web server.
- Admin Username - this will be your username for the protected administrator pages
- Admin Password - this will be your password for the protected administrator pages
5) After hitting 'Install Script' button you will see the next screen:
6) Click on the link - 'Login here', which will redirect you to the administrator login form.
How to use the Simple Blog PHP script admin?
First you need to enter Admin username and password (you set earlier).
When you login, you will see the administration area(the list of posts will be empty after inicial installation).
You could first go to 'Options' menu -> 'Admin options' and set Administrator options like Administrator email where all new comments notification emails will be sent. You can also set the number of entries per page. Choose whether to show search box or hide it. You could also hide or show the share buttons for social media websites. It is good to set the page where you intend to place the front-end of the blog on your website with the option "URL of the page where you placed the blog on your website". Then you could choose your text editor - CKeditor or Niceditor or TinyMCE. If your time zone is different than your webserver you could use the option "Set Default Time Zone.
After setting the administration options you should click on 'Put on WebPage' admin menu button and choose one of two ways to put the blog on your website.
Then copy the code, go to your page and paste between <body>code</body> tags. If you choose second install option you should put this line of code <?php session_start(); ?> at the top of the php page (first line). Also, if you choose the second install option(with php include) you could copy code for the meta title and meta description and paste into <head> section of the html code on your webpage, it will automatically generate meta title and description for searching engines from the title and post text.
Go to your page where the blog is placed and see how it looks. Then leave a sample comment.
Next, go back to the admin page 'Options' menu -> 'Visual options' where you can pre-define the visual(CSS) style of the blog front-end. From here you may show/hide A+/a- increase/decrease letters option.
Note that, if you would like to work with external css and bypass these visual(css) options, you should go to Admin options and set "Use external CSS file to modify the look of the blog" to "yes".
There is a special section for the visual(css) style of the comments, where you are able to change fonts, colors and other styles for comments and comment form.
Once again, if you would like to work with external css and bypass these visual(css) options for comments, you should go to Admin options and set "Use external CSS file to modify the look of the blog" to "yes".
You can translate the blog front-end in your own language or change the words in the way you wish. In case you decide to use meta tags feature from Admin area -> "Installation" page, you may edit the default meta tags for the blog page from here.
If you want to translate admin area - there is a language file in the script pack named "language_admin.php" - just open it and change any word/sentece you wish.
As you will find you have several options available in which you can alter the visual appearance of your blog:
*You can set the number of characters that will appear on each post of the homepage;
*Set the approve option - admin approve comments before having them listed;
*"Turn off comments by default when create a new post" option mean that if you set to "yes", then when create new post, the comments on that comment will be turned off. Of course are able to turn it on at a later stage;
*Set comments order - descending or ascending;
*Change the type of the captcha image or remove captcha verification;
*You may even create a list of banned words - Example: word1, word2, word3. So, if some ill-wisher add some comment with any of these words, comment could not be submitted.
*There is a list of banned IP-addresses, just in case you want to bann some person;
If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.