How to install and how to use Simple Blog PHP.
How to install Simple Blog PHP
Setting MySQL database
Simple Blog PHP script requires PHP 4 or higher and MySQL 3 or higher to run on your server - you can see the current version of PHP and MySQL in the control panel of your website.
Before starting the installation you will need to create a database for the script:
- Open the control panel(cpanel) of your hosting account.
- Find where to create MySQL database.
- Durring database creation you will need to supply a Database name, Database user and Database password. You will aslo need to know the database server name — usually 'localhost'. Save all these details on your local machine for future reference on something such as Notepad.
- If you use your hosting account's 'CPanel' to create your database you must set Privileges to ALL for the Database user.
- If you have problems with creating database - ask your web hosting company - normally they provide 24h email, phone or chat free support.
Unzip or unrar, upload and install Simple Blog PHP script.
1) Unzip the .zip file received from us.
2) Upload all files onto your website either in your root directory or in a folder(directory) of your website for example named "SCRIPTFOLDER" which is then placed in your root directory(recommended).
3) Open http://www.YOURDOMAIN.com/SCRIPTFOLDER/installation.php
4) Installation wizard will ask you to complete the form below:
- This information is what you saved when creating your database:
- MySQL server name which is usualy 'localhost'
- MySQL username - when you create a database you need to assign minimum one user
- MySQL password - this is the password of the user assigned to database
- Server path to script directory, Full URL to script directory, Calendar directory name - they will appear automatically. You can change if they are different - usually on windows web server.
- Admin Username - this will be your username for the protected administrator pages
- Admin Password - this will be your password for the protected administrator pages
- After you select 'Install Script' you will see the next screen:
- Click on the link - 'Login here', which will redirect you to the administrator login form.
How to use the Blog Script PHP
First you need to enter Admin username and password
When you login, you will see the administration page.
First, go to 'Options' menu -> 'Admin options' and set Administrator email where all new comments notification emails will be sent. You can also set the number of entries per page.
Go to 'Put on Webpage' page and choose one of two ways to put the blog on your website.
Then copy the code, go to your page and paste between <body>code</body> tags. If you choose second install option you should put this line of code <?php session_start(); ?> at the top of the php page (first line).
Then go to admin page Posts->New Post page and publish a sample post with status "Posted" and "Allow comments posting" checked.
Go to your page where the blog is placed and see how it looks. Then leave a sample comment.
Next, go back to the admin page 'Options' menu -> 'Visual options' where you can pre-define the visual style of the blog.
You can translate the blog in your own language.
As you will find you have several options available in which you can alter the visual appearance of your blog. You can set the number of characters that will appear on each post of the homepage; *Set the approve option - admin approve comments before having them listed; *Set comments order - descending or ascending; *Change the type of the captcha image; *You may even create a list of banned words - Example: word1, word2, word3.
If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.